Dockage Link Acceptable Use Policy
Last revised May 22nd, 2020
The Dockage Link Portal operated by Floatech Marine LLC (“Floatech”) provides an online meeting platform that makes it easier for users seeking to rent boat slips, docks, mooring buoys and dry storage options, and slip owners to connect. Floatech continuously seeks methods to improve its user community. Floatech is always open to suggestions and recommendations, which can be sent to the contact email in your Terms of Access.
Users shall not:
1. Submit any false information, including information amounting to a “bait and switch”.
2. Post inaccurate, false, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content.
3. Submit any false information including name, credit card, date of birth, or other personal information.
4. Submit a claim, or respond to a claim (for example about damage to a gadget), with false or misleading information.
5. Offer, as an Owner, any listing that you do not yourself own or have authority to rent.
6. Offer, as an Owner, any listing that may not be rented pursuant to the terms and conditions of an agreement with a third party, including, but not limited to, a lease or financing agreement.
7. Offer, as an Owner, any listing that has a salvaged, branded, or unclean title or that is not safe, legally registered and insured to be used by the public.
8. Submit any listing with false or misleading information, or submit any listing with a price that you do not intend to honor.
9. Register for a Dockage Link account on behalf of an individual other than yourself.
10. Impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity.
11. Allow anyone other than yourself to occupy the listing you have rented.
12. Transfer your Dockage Link account and/or user ID to another party without our consent.
13. Harm or threaten to harm users of our community, including:
- upload to the Portal any obscene or otherwise illegal content, or any material inciting to violence against anyone.
- engage in physically or verbally abusive or threatening conduct;
- “stalk” or harass any other Dockage Link user or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as a Dockage Link Owner or Renter in accordance with these Terms;
- use our Portal to transmit, distribute, post, or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information, or credit, debit, calling card, or account numbers;
- treat anyone differently based on the way they look, who they love, how they self-identify, what they believe, where they’re from, or when they were born; discrimination of any kind is not tolerated in the Dockage Link community;
14. Use Dockage Link for your own unrelated purposes, including:
- contact a User/Owner for any purpose other than asking a question related to a booking or such Owner’s listing(s);
- contact a User/Renter for any purpose other than asking a question related to a booking or such Renter’s use of the Dockage Link Portal;
- commercialize any content found on Dockage Link or software associated with our Portal, including reviews;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their and our consent;
- recruit or otherwise solicit any User to join third party portals or websites that are competitive to Dockage Link, without Dockage Link’s prior written approval;
15. Interfere with the operation of the Portal, including:
- interfere with any other User’s listings;
- enter into a Dockage Link transaction with a member of your family, household, friend, or acquaintance;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies such as cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information, or similar methods or technology that may disrupt or interfere with the operation or provision of our Portal, or harm Dockage Link or the interests or property of others;
- bypass robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Portal, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- systematically retrieve data or other content from our Portal to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory, or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise;
- use, display, mirror, or frame the Portal or any individual element within the Portal, Dockage Link’s name, any Dockage Link trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the Portal, without Dockage Link’s express written consent;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Portal, Dockage Link’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Dockage Link’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of Dockage Link’s system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Dockage Link or any of Dockage Link’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Portal;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Portal to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Portal; or
- endeavor to circumvent a suspension, termination, or closure of your account, including, but not limited to, creating a new account to circumvent an account suspension or closure.